Brief Explanation It's the year after Harry Potter graduated from Hogwarts. Voldemort has been defeated, but not all of his supporters have scattered. Pockets of resistence exist. The war is over, and now we deal with the aftermath.
((This is a roleplaying game. And entirely not real.))
Taken Characters Please DO NOT apply for these characters. They have already been claimed Katie Bell Sirius Black Lavender Brown Mandy Brockelhurst Cho Chang Penny Clearwater Colin Creevy Roger Davies Fleur Delacour Cedric Diggory Seamus Finnigan Marcus Flint Hermione Granger Angelina Johnson Viktor Krum Remus Lupin Draco Malfoy Minerva McGonagall Octavian Montague Harry Potter Adrian Pucey Tom Riddle Severus Snape Alicia Spinnet Dean Thomas Sibyll Trelawney Lisa Turpin Cade Warrington Bill Weasley Charlie Weasley Fred Weasley George Weasley Ginny Weasley Percy Weasley Ron Weasley Oliver Wood Blaise Zabini
Non-Player Characters (please do not apply to be any of these) The Minister of Magic Albus Dumbledore Lucius Malfoy Madame Hooch
How to Join First come, first serve
1. Email this address with the following information: -Character name (Please check here to make sure that you have the name correct) -Character Age (Please check here to make sure your character is the proper age. Take note that this game takes place barely six months after Harry and everyone in his year have graduated from Hogwarts) -Character Occupation (Note, anyone younger than Harry is still a student. Also, anyone the same age as or older than Harry are not students anymore. Please check here to make sure.) -Character Personality (This is just so we know you have some idea of how your character would act and to be sure that you have a grasp on your character) -Character History/Backstory (This is the most important part of the application. The Mods will be paying a lot more attention to this now, because we've had people apply who do not understand the basic concepts of the game. There has been a war. The war lasted for three years. That war had some kind of impact. Voldemort has been defeated and killed, but there is still tension going on. We want to know what you're character has done in the three and a half years since the end of Goblet of Fire. You don't have to be extremely specific, just so we know that you understand what this game is based on. Just remember that the Mods will be focused on this section.)
2. If you wish, you may go ahead and create a journal for your character and send the name along with your application. This way we can add you to the community faster. However, if you wish to wait until you're approved, we will email you back and then you can create the journal. We would like you to have a separate journal for your character, because it would get confusing with a lot of people using their personal journals. If you need the code, the moderators can provide you one. All we ask it that you return the code that your new account will generate after a week.
3. Please, send only one application per email. We would like as many people as possible to play, so give others a chance. :) Try applying later.
4. Please no original characters. There are plenty of teachers/students to choose from that are canon. Why not try here for a name?
Rules Because society needs rules, and really, most of these are just common sense
1. Your character must make an update to the game once every two weeks. If you have circumstances that conflict with this, please let us know ahead of time so that you aren't removed from the game. If a character is idle for more than two weeks without notification, we will email the player. If we receive no response, then the character will be put for grabs again.
2. Please keep all OOC posts confined to the OOC Community: patronuschatter or, if it's a short note included in a longer post, place it behind a cut tag.
3. This is a very slash-friendly game. If slash (pairings between people of the same sex) bothers you, then perhaps this is not the game for you. However, no one will be forced into participating in a slash relationship, and het is just as welcome.
4. If you don't like how something is being played, feel free to tell the moderators. However, it is up to us on whether or not something is out-of-character enough to warrant being dealt with.
5. We ask that everyone applying be at least fifteen, and if you are going to participate in adult situations, please be over the age of majority where you live. If you aren't and get involved in the adult portions, you, and you alone, are responsible for your actions. Not the moderators. Setting Mommy and Daddy on the mods will only make the mods angry.
6. That being said, there will be swearing, innuendo, and sexual situations in the comment threads. Just so you are warned, because this is a game that has no problem with adult situations being played out.
7. This game will be played out mostly in live-action/rp style -- in that someone will post their actions and whomever wishes to talk with them, can walk up and talk with them. This style is best illustrated by the_common_room (why, no, that's not a shameless plug... *grins*)
8. While it is not required, we do recommend that you set up an AIM account for your character because, sometimes, Livejournal can be bitchy and just a little pissy and not let anyone post or go agonizingly slow. This way you can move over to AIM and finish playing. Just post the logs over in the OOC journal so we can all enjoy.
9. Please do not ad-lib a character (that is already in the game and is not yours to play with) without the other player's knowledge and permission. This tends to take all the fun out playing and is, in fact, a moderator pet peeve. However, if said character is not currently being played and you wish to ad-lib, feel free.
10. Anyone and everyone is welcome to watch the game without playing.
OOC Journal: You will be added to the OOC journal (patronuschatter) as soon as your character is added to the game. This is where you post icon requests, introductions, AIM logs, random Patronus related silliness.
Icons: Yes. Redd loves making icons. In fact, she does it almost constantly. Feel free to bug her over AIM (reddphoenixgrey) or in the OOC journal, if you need icons.
Note: This is all in fun. We're here to have a good time and play. Please do not take anything personally or too seriously. We assure you that while our characters might not like yours, that doesn't mean that we hate you.
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to us. They belong to JK Rowling. No infringement intended. This is only in fun. The moderators are poor. Please do not sue us. Also, no infringement intended in the use of actors/actresses for icons.
Please do not IM the mods to ask if your application has been approved yet, or to apply over AIM. We generally approve applications as soon as we get them (if they are satisfactory). If we have questions about your application, we will email you back. DO NOT IM us about it.